Monday, January 10, 2011

So four weeks tomorrow I had surgery to remove my tonsils at 40 years old. I have indeed turned 40. So I had surgery on a Tuesday and this was me on Saturday....



ALL DAY!!!

I would love if I could say that I feel bad about it, but I really loved it and wish I could do it again!

We had a couple of months of surgeries starting with Zack in October having not one but two surgeries. He had the disk in his neck fused early in October and then by the end of the month he had his rotator cuff repaired....... courtesy of wrestling with Taylor.

These two were next........

They both had their wisdom teeth out the Friday before Thanksgiving. Lots of swelling ensued and TONS and TONS of mashed potatoes from Popeye's.

I was next on the 14th of December and then her...........

This was two days later. She had her tonsils out 3 days after mine. She was much more of a trooper than I was. She needed her pain meds for several days but really downed the Tylenol and macaroni and ice cream.

Then 4 days later after this cute kids came home from BYU-Idaho......

he had his wisdom teeth out, too. After he got this great haircut from Alex on the back porch. He was shopping the same day with his brothers and sisters. And again the next day. No swelling, no pain meds after I made him take them the first day. He just went right on.........but still ate tons of Popeyes mashed potatoes.

So 2010 was the year of surgery for us.


Lily helped us meet our deductible early in the year with her tonsils being taken out in March. She was so sweet at the hospital with Zack and me and GranJan. She wore her robe to the hospital and was so talkative. She was quite proud of herself.

So that makes my BYU-again son the lone holdout for surgery this year. Lets hope he doesn't jump into the fray in 2011.


Hope we can stay out of the doctor's office and hospital. We will eat our apples for sure!!

3 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Love the pictures...I am glad that you got a week off...you probably needed it

Sarah's Project said...

We loved seeing your good hubby & Taylor last week. We're thinking this BYU Idaho thing is great for us! Watching "Elder Zachary" busting a move on the XBox Kinex was quite a sight. We're still just holding out for the chance to see you & the girls some time!

Be A Saint said...

I am so anxious to get to come see you all too. I loved the video and pics he sent. Somehow y'all worked some magic to get him up to do that! Might have to post that if I can figure out how!! Thanks for taking care of them. They had a great time!