Sunday, May 22, 2011

It is 12:30 at night and I just can't go to bed. I am so sad. I just keep tearing up.

I went to a funeral today for a friend's son who commited suicide last week. It is just so close to home and I feel Hollis' pain so profoundly. Will was Taylor's age and her daughter is Mary-Catherine's age. They have been to school together since Kingergarten. Hollis is such a devoted mother. She spoke today at the funeral and said that she has been everywhere with Will. She has done everything for him and she wanted to do this last thing for him. I was so impressed with her words. I can't imagine having to go through such a difficult experience. This was a kid who seemed to have it all and be on top of the world. I worry so much about others copying his actions.

Am I doing all I need to do for my children? Am I teaching them to believe in themselves? Am I helping them to find Christ and trust in Him to help them through the hard parts of life? So many questions, so few answers...

Such a beautiful, hopeful life ended. It is just too terrible.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't have the right words but this post just makes me so sad.

Gayla said...

I'm so sorry for your friend. It makes me think of Luke and his parents,whom I have thought of more often than I would have imagined. I do love your tribute to Alex.

Susan said...

Andrea, you are doing all you can for your children. So am I. So are most parents. And even though we might wish we could, the one thing we can't do is take away their free agency. I hope Will's family can find some peace and comfort. Saying prayers.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Oh, this post was so sad. I don't know of many things sadder than a person taking their own life. I wish that young man could have had a glimpse at his future life & realize all the wonderful things he will miss out on. I say that because there was a time in my own life where the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should end my life. I was a teenager & it seemed like my world had come to an end & my life wasn't worth living anymore. I didn't end up going through with it (obviously), and it makes me so sad to think of all the wonderful things I would have missed out on had I gone through with it. I will be thinking & praying for this family.

Unknown said...

This is very nice informational blog..very helpful. Don't forget to visit my blog too digitalcamerasreviewz Thank you :)

cheerislifeandlove said...

This is just the very proof that you never know exactly what is going through a person's mind and you never know the effects things have on people :( I am very sorry for y'alls loss

Pam said...

Hi there..I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what that family must be going through. They are in my prayers...
And I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you..you asked about a dress my daughter was wearing..it was from MiniBoden. Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have a beautiful family.