Friday, April 3, 2009

Elder Zachary you are hearby called to serve......

So, yes, Alex is going to MADAGASCAR!!! It is too unbelievable for words. I am thrilled for him, but not nearly as thrilled as HE is. I hope has come back down to earth this morning. I think he wanted something unique so much that the Lord gave it to him. He will be speaking French and entering the Missionary Training Center on June 24. There is so much to do between now and then. We have many things to buy and my mind wrapped around the whole thing in just 2 1/2 months.

We are so proud of Alex. He has done alot to get to this point and has done some maturing this semester. I know that his life and ours will be blessed from his service. I also know that he will be a blessing to the people of Madagascar, too. He will be very far from home, but will be doing the Lord's work. I will not worry about him because I know he is in the Lord's hands. I have faith that He will teach him all he needs to know.

Go here to learn a little about his mission.
Go here to see a funny thing that Whitney posted!
Go here to leave Alex a message!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How exciting!! I am so excited for you and for Alex!! It's kind of like the movie, Madagascar, where Alex ends up there, and is the King!! Okay, that was cheesy, but I am so excited for you guys!! Congrats Alex!!

Melanie said...

"I like to move it move it! I like to move it move it!" That is so crazy and so exciting! Can't wait to hear more about it while he is there!!

Gayla said...

Hurray! Congrats!