Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We have had a great few days. With all the excitement of opening Alex's mission call on Thursday, we still had an action packed week. We had my niece, BethAnne with us from Wednesday to Sunday while her parents were at a dental conference in New Orleans. We had fun with her, including ME playing hide and seek with her on Thursday while the ladies were at school. That is so totally not like me that it made me feel more like her grandparent than her aunt. But she was happy! We also made play-do that I used to make with my kids all the time. She loved it and sat up on the counter playing for a long time. Then, Friday night after the Fire and Ice activity at church we went out to our camp on the river to spend the weekend and watch conference. Yes! Zack hooked up the satellite so we could watch conference AND play in the beautiful weather. That night Zack was surrounded by 8 ladies--me, our four ladies,our niece, and two friends!! Saturday morning we had to come back into town for Katie's baptism where Emma and Lily sang with Katie. It was interesting that we came from the river, because the ladies kind of looked like river rats. Emma chose her outfit and it was interesting to say the least (Lynetta if you will email the picture, I will add it to my blog!!)

The picture doesn't quite do it justice......Cute, and a wonderful spirit at the baptism.

Taylor took the ACT that morning and then he and Mary Catherine participated in the high school softball tournament all day. They had a great time.

Back at the river we enjoyed the sunshine, fishing, eating, conference, and a bonfire. Emma, Paige and Lily enjoyed fishing. They were constantly casting and casting and casting. Zack, of course, was on worm duty. Baiting and baiting and baiting.

I just love General Conference. Instead of coming away from it depressed at how much I have to do...I come away feeling like I can do anything. I hate for that feeling to fade. I feel so inspired to act and make changes in our family and my life. I love the boost it gives to my spirit. You can check out what the message was by going here.

Last night we went to Prien Lake Park for Family Home Evening. We brought our supper to eat out there and did, but the wind was so crazy that even the top of our sandwiches were being blown away. We finally sought refuge behind a brick wall. We could finally eat our food only having to be mildly careful. Taylor and Zack tried dutifully to get our kite to fly. Last time we went there to fly a kite there was no wind and this time there was WAY too much. It would just take our kite and spin it like a top. It was so funny to watch them struggle with it.

So, I didn't go to Rome, even though I had a wonderfully generous offer from Gwen and Brad, but I did have a great weekend with my family. I am very thankful for them and their love and patience with me.

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

I'm responding to your question about food places now, because if I don't I will forget! :) So definitely Spoon Me (or Red Mango, which is the original Pinkberry but I've never been). Nicolitalia's is a Boston-style pizza place that is Jack's all-time favorite here in Provo. We also love Samhawk (Korean food, and so good - order the Kimpop and/or Bulgogi), El Savador Restaurant (that's really what it's called, and it's pretty authentic and very reasonably priced - great papusas), and you have to do Cafe Rio if you've never been (but I'm sure you have...). There's also an awesome gelato place called Maestro's - can you tell I love dessert places? And if you like Indian food tons of people love Bombay House. That's all I can think of right now...hope that helps! :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Did you see the video of Alex opening his mission call? And the girl sitting next to him who couldn't keep her hands off of him? I laughed and laughed....haha