Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Toy Story, revisited

I am home with Lily today. She is sick. So, I sitting here in the living room, I saw a commercial for Toy Story and Toy Story 2 advertised. A double feature showing at the movies in October. It made me think of a sweet story about Sarah Beth. When she was about 4 she was staying with Gwen one day and Gwen let her watch Toy Story 2. All of a sudden she couldn't find Sarah Beth. She looked all over and finally found her in the bedroom crying. Not an unusual activity for Sarah Beth in those days, but Gwen asked her what was wrong.....assuming she was missing me. Finally, Gwen got out of her that she was crying because of the part in Toy Story where Jessie was laying under the bed...the forgotten toy. Sarah Beth felt so sorry for Jessie and it made her sad. She didn't want to watch that movie any more! What a really sweet . I love her compassion!

4 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Thanks for the updates. These were just too cute. I loved them all...and makes me think, maybe I should take Maddy to the next Lowe's build day.

MaryRuth said...

so sweet. you've got great kids.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Ohhhhh! Sarah Beth is such a sweetheart!

Julie Church said...

Andrea, Kurt and I will be in LC October 20-24. Hope we can see you guys!