Saturday, September 13, 2008

All Is Well.......Kind Of

Well, the storm passed and tonight is very quiet. I did not sleep until about 4:00 Saturday morning. Just kept worrying about the tree we have behind our house. It is dead and I just was afraid it would fall and we would have to act fast to make sure we moved everyone to a safe place. At 4:00 we were having regular gusts that were scary to me, so I went to wake up Zack. He came into the living room and said that he would not go to sleep until I woke up. We both woke up around 6:00. We had no damage to anything we owned. Calcasieu and Cameron parish did very well on the wind side of things. There were a few trees down around, but no wind even vaguely similar to Rita. I remember coming home after being gone three weeks and one of the things that stuck out was that there were barely any leaves on the trees. Not this time. But, Ike wanted to make his own mark on us. The flooding is actually worse than Rita. That means that those places that flooded with Rita, flooded again, plus more. They said on the news tonight that all of Cameron Parish is under water. That is hard to imagine that after just 2 years of getting things rebuilt. It is unbelievable. And of course there is all the damage in Houston, Galveston, and other small cities between here and Houston. It is really, really bad. We will have to remember them all in our prayers.
I am so thankful for my testimony and the feeling of peace I can get through Christ.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

It was a very scary night. I had all the kids in my room with me. The closer the better. Then at 2 am when all the tornados were toughing down near my house I moved them all to the other side of the house. Then I lost power and sat up listening to the radio until 4:30! It was all so scary. I couldn't have imagined staying for Rita! I am glad you all are alright.

Susan said...

The whole thing is just a big pain...if you leave, if you stay, it's still trouble. What is just as gut wrenching is the after effects or low lights, since many people end up w/ PTSD (Post Traumactic Stress Disorder) Bummer for certain.

Gayla said...

We are glad you are okay. Our thoughts and prayers are with all our southern friends.

MaryRuth said...

I'm so happy you guys are ok!!! Hope life gets back to normal soon!