Saturday, September 13, 2008

I love hurricanes..............not

Well, here I sit, in my first hurricane. We decided not to leave and I have been awake almost all night....till about 4:00 am. The sun is starting to come up now and the winds are just as strong as they were last night. The electricity went off at about 2:00 am. Yeah, Zack. We are sitting pretty good, because Zack got us a generator after Hurricane Rita. It sat in the spot that he was going to install it until the day before Hurricane Gustav this year. Then he installed it. It runs off natural gas. What a blessing. So, I sat up and did a puzzle until I couldn't hold my eyes open. Then I woke Zack up and asked him to sit up and watch things so I could sleep. He promised he would stay awake until I woke up. I just couldn't stand for all of us to be asleep and something happen and we need to move the kids or take care of something else. Just felt like someone should be up. So, with the sun up, I can't see any damage. We fretted about this tree that is close to the house all night long and it did drop some limbs, but it is still standing! So, far!!!

3 comments:

MaryRuth said...

be safe and keep us posted! I've worried about you guys all weekend!

Julie Church said...

Kurt and I have been sick to our stomaches with worry. I am glad things are ok so far. Our prayers are with all of you!

Susan said...

Thank goodness this is over. Now if Sam's Club, Target & SPAR can reopen soon, I'll be a happy camper.