Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Plan

For the last 16 years that I have been hurricane watching, we have evacuated to Jena, the small town in North Louisiana where I grew up. It has been very handy, easy, comfortable, and safe. But a few times we evacuated there we ended up having worse weather there than we had in Sulphur! Three hours north of here! That should not happen. This last time we ended up having to bring mama and Aunt Theresa home with us for a couple of days. Of course, this just prolongs the party, and mama helped me alot with things around my house, but the power out was still a little inconvenient. Not to mention, when we get back into town, we hear of everyone else evacuating to places where they go to waterparks, museums, shopping, etc. Yeah, Jena has a Wal-Mart! And even a Sonic!
So, I don't think we will go to Jena this time, unless things are predicted to move away from there. Of course, then I worry about my mama being there and needing to leave with no one to help her. What to do?
I'm getting a little stressed out with IKE brewing closer and closer to us. They just canceled school for tomorrow and the kids already have Friday off for a teacher in-service day. I think we may just go to work with Zack tomorrow. I really just want to be with him. We have been apart too long. I know we will be ok if we are with Zack. So, that is the new plan.
I feel more stressed with this storm than Gustav. Seems potentially worse and more scary.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I worried about Gustav and I left at the last minute, and it was nothing. I should have stayed home. I think we are staying for this one. Even though we are on the bad side of the storm. I just have this gut feeling that it will stay south. I hope it stays south.

Susan said...

I think you're smart to stay with Zack. I feel like that too...when I'm with Don, together we can accomplish almost anything. :)

Carolina girl said...

We need a new plan too. Our Houston evacuation plan is certainly no good this time. I guess we need several plans, with different destinations, depending on where a particular hurricane goes. And I feel that same about Aaron--I always feel safer when I am with him....hurricane or no hurricane.