Monday, July 20, 2009

I guess to finish our trip, I am just going to do a quick catch up. We had a beautiful drive from Colorado Springs to Lake Powell. We crossed the Continental Divide at one point. We stopped there to play in the snow.



While we were there we saw a square dancing group that wanted us to take their picture. Then we watched while they danced on the Continental Divide. It was so fun. While we were taking their picture they asked us where we were from. When we responded, Lake Charles, LA, one lady yelled out...."I am from Iowa!!!" For those of you not from here that is I-o-w-AAAAAA. Long A sound. That is a very small town just east of Lake Charles! The group had actually danced in Westlake before, too. Small world!

Sarah Beth in Taylor's shoes to go out and play in the snow!!

We stopped along the side of the road next to this BEAUTIFUL river. Some of us were in our PJs and we weren't looking all that great, but it was sooo pretty. I have decided that I love white water running rivers most in nature....well, second to the amazing oak trees we have in Louisiana. Everywhere we went in Colorado and Utah there were these fabulous rivers rushing. So peaceful..........

The next stop on the trip was Lake Powell. I loved Lake Powell. It was so amazing. Here we were in the water with the rocks growing up out of the water. It was amazing.





We had the best time knee boarding, wake boarding, tubing, and just generally boat riding. Emma was our professional. She stayed on the knee board for at least 10 minutes. She grinned so big and was so proud of herself.

Alex and Taylor were on the wake board. It is tough!! No one else was brave enough to try. I used to be able to knee board pretty well, but I could NOT pull myself up. It was so frustrating. I tried, and tried. Let's just say I was extremely sore for a few days.



Zack had my boys rolling over each other as they fell off the tube. If he wanted them off the tube, they were off the tube! No questions asked.

From Lake Powell we went to through Zion National Park. Wow.....we were able to drive through the tunnel and on the switchback roads that run through the park. That was quite the experience in an RV....made even more interesting by the fact that I was cooking pasta salad while we drove. Yes, boiling water, going down mountains in an RV, looking at the beautiful scenery, while it rained!!!! So, fun!! It really was. The pasta was good, the view fabulous, and the rain cooled it off. Thanks to my husband's superb driving ability we made it safely through. We dropped the RV at our beautiful park and drove in the Jeep.....all 8 of us....to St. George. We were quite the site as we pulled up to the temple and rolled out of the Jeep. It was pretty packed. I couldn't help and laugh at us. People would watch and watch us as we kept getting out.

We met Mama, my brother, John, his wife and baby in St. George.

That night the girls and I went to a performance of Footloose at Tuacahn Amphitheatre outside St. George. It started slow but ended so great. We had a great time, except for when I fell taking a picture of the girls and thought I broke Alex's camera. So fun....

No comments: