Monday, July 20, 2009

My Garden

I had one....well, something like that.....request this summer! I wanted a garden. We tried a garden in the front yard last summer and it just didn't really do what we wanted. So, Alex made some boxes for me.

Zack and Lily then worked to fill them with dirt. Zack worked like a dog. He got the dirt from the office they are building for ES&H, mixed it with fertilizer and manure.

Lily had the best time "driving" the tractor. Apparantly she became quite the expert because later this summer Emma tried to convince Zack that Lily could use the tractor to move their playhouse around the yard. She seriously thought Lily could do anything Daddy could do with the tractor.

So, then we went on vacation and when we got back, this is what we found!!



And, then, a little of our bounty!! I love fresh produce. Our tomatoes are really slow growing. I hope I can get them going again. That is my all time summer favorite. I am so grateful for Zack for working so hard to get my garden put in. Beautiful!!

1 comment:

MaryRuth said...

I'm sooo jealous! Your garden is beautiful!!! Joey killed mine while I was in Utah... glad yours did better than mine. And I have to agree... tomatoes are the best summer treat! Loooove them!!