Saturday, February 26, 2011

I am trying to download Lily's notes she made during her Primary class at church a few weeks ago. So adorable. What a girl. I am so happy that she has such wonderful teachers who inspire her to do listen and learn about the gospel and Heavenly Father. Thank YOU!!!!

"Pretend this is God.

and pretend this is you.

God is pure and we are not.

God is becuse He died for us.

So imgine that you were God

what would you die for us for

your family and friends and

everyone. Take it step by step

to get to Hevnely Father. The

higher she can jump the closer

she gets to Heavenly Father.

The 2nd step is to get Baptised.

Heavenly Father dose not force you

to obay. you can choose to sin

if you want to. The Holy Ghost

can bless you only if you repent.

keep the gospel. Helaman 4:24-8

How sweet!!! Love this wonderful girl. She is so thoughtful and dedicated. She has also been reading her scriptures and really trying to understand how things work. Lily is really enjoying reading in the last few months. Mostly Junie B. Jones, but other things, too. Last night I went to turn off their light and she had fallen asleep as I have hundreds of times before.....with the book in front of her face and still firmly in her hands. I laid it down and turned off the light.

Lily also is a wonderful writer. She loves to write letters, stories, and apparently notes. She has done this a few times in Sacrament, too. I love the way her little mind works. We are all so crazy about her. She will call and talk to Alex and Taylor. I often wonder what their conversations are about because they are quite long.

Lily will not ride her bike either. She is afraid for some reason. She has now surpassed Emma as the oldest non-rider in the family. We are working on it though. For now she LOVES to go out on her scooter and ride all over the driveway. She is usually out by herself and again, I just wonder what she is thinking about. You can tell her mind is always moving!

I went for a student-led conference in her class this week and her teacher, Mrs. Clark, told me that she is not the profile for the youngest child. I asked what that meant and she said that she is not whiny or self-absorbed. She works well with others and loves to help the other students.
If only we could get Emma to see this side of her!! Lily thinks that is because she wants to be a teacher when she grows up! Mrs Clark also said that Lily could easily run the classroom. Lily knows it, too. She is quite confident in her abilities.

Another thing we struggle to get Lily to do is to PRAY. She does NOT like to pray out loud or for our family. We have tried so many things. I think Zack finally got her attention this week and she has been some better. Something about her just will not let her show her emotion or feelings in this way. Are there any suggestions? We want her to let all her sweet little feelings and thoughts out to Heavenly Father.

Lily is our baby! She will always be our baby. Last night she was snuggling in my lap and I just wanted her to stay there. I wanted her to be little and sweet and snuggly. For the last couple of years I knew that she would stop being willing to give kisses and I really dreaded that day. It is here. She will just every once in a while. Sad day for me. Lucky for me she give me a little glimpse of a reminder every once in a while. Love that baby girl so much!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hey, good for Lily...the word from the hunters is that she learned how to ride today!! We need video confirmation...

Be A Saint said...

Oh my, did she ever learn to ride! It didn't take her 5 minutes and she was off!