Thursday, February 10, 2011

I have a testimony of paying tithing. Just thought I should say that. Sometimes it is really hard to do even with this testimony. I am so happy that Zack's testimony of it shines brighter than my does at times which has been such a blessing to our lives.

Even with this strong testimony some of our kids have struggled at times to really grasp the importance of this principle of the gospel.

It's not Taylor.

He has always been very diligent about this and just to make sure he is accurate will sometimes pay more than he really owes.

So long story short, Taylor worked this summer in Biloxi with Zack on the BP spill. He knew from the beginning that they were not taking out taxes and that he would have to pay them at the end of the year. He did know!!

But going off to school in Idaho was just so much fun. He lived it up his first semester. I would call and ,after watching his account look somewhat like a register at the store, gently remind him that he was poor and that he had to make his money last through the whole year. (I forgot at this time about the taxes, too---not that it's my job!)

Anyway, he ended up spending alot and has just barely enough to scrape through the rest of the semester.....if he sells plasma along the way.

So, last week I decided to visit TURBO TAX and do both boys taxes for them. Well, Taylor it seems, owes about $900!

He doesn't have that much!

Stress, a few tears, worry, frustration with self.....all describe Taylor at some point in the past week.

So Monday I got the mail and noticed an envelope for Taylor from his employer in Biloxi. What could it be?

$1885.00...........a settlement of the contract they had together.........a settlement that severed their relationship for good............a settlement that will pay Taylor's taxes AND give him a little breathing room so he doesn't come home a broken man!

Paying tithing is a blessing. I am so happy that I have been able to see this blessing in my life and now in the lives of my children. He saw it right away.........and even better, so did his siblings.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is just awesome!

Momof4fabkids said...

Thanks for sharing. I too have a testimony of tithing. When we moved into our new home I was dying to get lawn planted and prayed all that winter that we could do it early Spring. When Spring finally came we still just did not have the money. It was so hard keeping the dirt out when that's all there was to play in! About late July Bruce got a side job that paid almost exactly what the quote was to have our sprinkling system put in. That got the ball rolling and we had seed down by late September. No one appreciated grass as much as I did last summer!!! I know it was a blessing straight from heaven.

Momof4fabkids said...

Oh btw, it's me Gayla :>