Monday, February 7, 2011

I have been a negligent mother this year and have not been to the school even once for anything. Not even parties! Emma had her tonsils out on the day of Lily's Christmas party so we sent Alex! Pretty cool really. But poor Lily has not had me up there at all.

In an effort to repent I decided I would go up once a week to eat lunch with the girls. On the way to horseback lessons with Lily I asked her what day she would like me to come.

With a little horror she said, "you're going to come EVERY week?". I said yes and would that be ok.

"Not really......."

So I suggested once every other week. She guessed that would be ok.

Such is the life of the youngest child, I guess. I have never been one or had one. Maybe it's just her!

I will make her endure once every two weeks. I'm sure she can stand it! If nothing else I will enjoy it.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think Brett would be horrified if I showed up for lunch! But, he did want me to go on his boring (for me) field trip to the children's museum :)

Melinda said...

I used to eat with my kids every week. They always looked forward to it. I bet she will secretly love it. And if not, all the other kids will fawn over you when you walk in!