Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweet 16!!

So, today was Taylor's 16th birthday. He has been dreaming of this day for at least a year. He told us last year on his birthday that he was going to get his liscense first thing on the morning of his birthday and then go on an all day date. This is his year. Well, we did make it to the DMV to get the liscense. No problem. He passed easily and immediately got Zack's 1970 Chevy truck and took MARY CATHERINE to Cracker Barrel. I'm not sure this is what HE had in mind, but it sure was cute. He does have a date tomorrow however with Ashley Abbott from Vidor, TX and one later with Elaine Newton. His sisters are so excited and tell him they want Elaine to be their sister-in-law. Too much planning ahead for my , but I agree she is a great ....as is Ashley. Couldn't have picked 2 better first dates myself! Alex and a date, Lauren Manuel, will be doubling with Taylor and Ashley tomorrow to Buffalo Wild Wings, ice cream, and bowling. Sounds like alot of fun. Yes, I am paying for this first date....he got me by saying that it is in lew of his party. Oh well, can't really argue with that. It's all good!!


This is Taylor and Mary Catherine exactly 2, yes, that is correct, TWO, years ago on Taylor's 14 birthday. If you notice, Taylor was actually a little shorter than Mary Catherine. They both had baby faces. Things have been changing very quickly at our house over the last 2 years. I will post a new picture of the two of them tomorrow along with a few details of the date!!

4 comments:

Stacy James said...

Ahh-haa....smart thinking on his part! I sure hope he has a job to pay for all of his future dates. Sounds like he's got quite a few planned already. Happy Birthday, Taylor!

Andrea said...

What a fun birthday!! I can't imagine mine driving, that is just scary!! They sure do grow up fast! I hope he had fun on his two dates!!

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

2nd try: Happy Birthday Taylor! You are a sweet young man and I hope you stay that way. It's hard to stay humble when you're an All-American boy, but you gotta try. :)

ps>> Ok here's the Ms. Susan talk: Your life will be infinitely easier if you commit to drive under the speed limit, ALWAYS (no matter how your folks drive). You will prosper, you will stay safe and most of all you will be a defensive driver who is responsible, and you can't buy that kind of trust. OK, I'm done. But if you ever want a talk about frugality...I'm your girl! :)