Thursday, March 19, 2009

I already have butterflies

I went to Maplewood today and Mrs. Goode, the principal, stopped me and asked if I would be interested in taking a 6-week maternity leave at the very beginning of school next year. There would be a 1st grade or a 4th grade. Oh, wow, while I AM very interested, I am also VERY nervous about this. I need to think about it, but I think that it would be a good fit. Emma will be a 4th grader and Lily will be in 1st grade! We would have the summer to prepare for the changes by getting the house in tip-top shape and I would have that time to prepare for the teaching. Just the idea makes me nervous.
But, first things first....I have to get certified. My pay would just be a sub pay unless I was certified and then my pay would increase more than 4 times. THAT is a big difference. So, I have to take the Praxis test and then apply for certification. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.
I feel changes coming that I have been nervous about for years!! There will be lots of prayer about this.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Good luck! How flattering even to be asked! :)

Andrea said...

How exciting!! I think first grade would be so much fun!! I think it's a great chance to get your foot in the door, and you can't beat those hours!!

Stacy James said...

How exciting for you. I am loving this season in my life where I am flexible and free enough to be able to do things that I find worth while...things you don't have time to do when you're focusing so much on the daily grind. Enjoy!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Andrea, GO FOR IT. Take the test, you will pass and then you will have the skills needed employment if it is needed. :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

As far as Rock and Doris....I am waiting for an invite...or a girls nite out...let me know when I can get that DVD if nothing else....I need a few good movies to watch.