Saturday, March 7, 2009


Lily and Emma went to Bret Anderson's 6th Birthday party today. It was a Scientist party. Lily was really invited, but Emma is friends with Paige, his sister so she tagged along. When we got there they gave out kid sized safety glasses. Too cute. Emma immediately asked me if SHE could have some glasses, too. Thanks, Mrs. Lisa. They made slime that was hard if you poked it quickly and soft if you slowly pressed your fingers in. Very cool. Then they each got a bottle of their own to do volcanoes. Next, they did homemade rockets. Lisa told me that after the first few launchings the other kids wandered off, but Emma and the Dads stayed around the table and played! This is right up her alley. All day she has been asking if she can have a scientist party when she turns 10! Well, ok, seems a little old for a girl, but, hey, this is Emma we are talking about. She doesn't care what is typical. So, even though we have 9 months to go till her birthday.....scientist party it is.

When we got home we worked in the yard. Emma left those safety glasses on ALL day. When the wind blew leaves into her face....what a relief that she had her glasses on. It didn't get in her eyes!
When Daddy was cutting some boards....no sawdust in HER eyes! She had her glasses on.
So, still tonight she had them on when Zack asked, "Who wants to put lotion on my feet?" Emma and Lily both yelled, "ME!!!!!" What wonderful fun. They used their safety glasses and their medical gloves. Probably the best need for them all day.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a very fun idea!! That party sounded like a blast!!

And I would love to see the pictures of the red heads together!! :)

Lisa said...

I am glad they had so much fun!

Sarah's Project said...

Hello Andrea - I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Joaquin's wife Sarah. We met when your family cooked us our first deep fat fried turkey in Glenns Ferry a few years ago(It was awesome, by the way). I just love blogging & Donna sent me your blog address today. I love catching up on your family. Your girls are gorgeous - and way to be brave & let her dye her hair! We need to be the fun ones every now & then!