Saturday, March 28, 2009

Strange Bishop Aaron

The first item of business on this absolutely glorious day in late March is a birthday party for Katie Young....well, after Taylor got off at 9:00 for ACT prep and Mary Catherine and Sarah Beth left for a bike ride and run! So, I need to do a little background on this story I have to tell. At New Year's the Young's have been having a sleep over for Katie and Sarah and their friends to ring in the New Year. But, to avoid staying up ALL night they set all the clocks in the house back a couple of hours. Well, in past years this has posed no problems, but this year for Christmas Emma received a watch. Sarah Beth was the first to think about the problem this could cause for the Young's. So when we dropped the Emma and Lily off we informed Bishop Aaron of the problem. We didn't really know how to handle it and finally he just said, "Emma, you have a watch! You're going to have to give it to me. We don't allow anyone but ME to have watches in our house." Emma seemed confused, and reluctantly gave it to me to bring home. Well, ever since then, when she goes to play with Katie she will just give me her watch. Nothing is said, she just kind of rolls her eyes and hands it over. So, today for the party, she had already hopped out of the car and got to the door where Bishop was, when she wheeled around and ran back to my window where she tossed the watch in to me! It is so funny. I guess we should tell her at some point. I don't know.

Did I mention what a wonderfully beautiful day it is today? It is in the 50's this morning, warming to the 60's with big bright blue skies overhead. Not a cloud in the sky and the new leaves on the trees are just shinning! It is amazing. Makes me happy to live in the South on days like this. And Zack and I are about to go out and plant some fruit trees! Finally!

And remember.....Do not wear your watch to the YOUNG's!!!!!!!

6 comments:

gwen said...

OMGosh~ that is so funny! Oh and somebody needs to ask Bishop Aaron how he feels about "being honest in all his dealings...." with this big fascade he's putting on with his little ward members! haha

gwen said...

oh, one more thing- don't tell Emma for a long time. It will be so much funnier when she finds out on her own.

Katie M. said...

That is so hilarious! :)

Jessica said...

that's a cute story!

Lindsay and Mike said...

How funny! I can just HEAR Aaron saying that to her. What a funny little secret! :)

Susan said...

When Katie figures this out...and she's certain to do very soon - they are SO busted!