Friday, March 14, 2008

Catch Up Weekend

We have had a great week. It was testing this week which is ALWAYS the best. We love testing week. We usually plan some really fun activities for each day.
*Monday we were supposed to have dance and piano, so no real different activity was planned except FHE that we have every Monday. But, it rained. Normally that does not deter a Louisiana girl from venturing out, but this was not an ordinary rainstorm. It was pouring. The backyard was filling up and I did not want to get out in it and Emma insisted that dance was canceled because of testing!! I'm not sure about that, but that was really a great thing. I love when it happens that we don't have to go somewhere. I am happy to stay right here. So, we had FHE and ate dinner together.
*On Tuesday Sarah Beth and I decided that we needed to rearrange Emma and Lily's room. So, we got started. By bedtime it was pretty much done. We worked really hard and are very happy with the results. Their beds are in the cubby area. They said it was soooo cozy. Sarah Beth was dying to sleep in there. Not on a school night. Thank goodness for Sarah Beth and her help. She did alot. She can motivate those girls to do anything.

*Wednesday we got snowcones, which is also my festive post for last week's challenge here. (seriously love doing links!! simple pleasures for the simple minded) Opening day of snowcone is cause for festivity at our house. It symbolizes the beginning of summer and the beginning of our almost weekly ritual. Our cousins love coming from Dallas to get snowcones, too. They all usually get noe every day they are in town. Emma is sure enjoying hers. This is our special kind, a triple--------nectar, ice cream with cream.











Sarah Beth got her hair cut, too. Very cute. I love it and she does too. She loves the little flip. She had been begging for a cut for a couple of weeks.


*Last, but certainly not least, Zack and I went last night to the Houston Rodeo. It was soo fun. Toby Keith performed at the end of it. He was fun. For some reason I find myself liking all these beer drinking songs. Interesting!! My friend Wendy Jorgensen's brother rode bareback in the rodeo. He ended up coming in 5th even though he was in 2nd for most of the event. Bummer, but they quoted his mother the whole night because she told him to "get mean" during his ride. We loved the rodeo. We had never been to any rodeo before. It's alot of fun. We really got into it. But...........I must say, even with the cute cowboys in hats and jeans, Toby Keith, and knowing the sister of one of the rodeoers.........the most excited I was was when they had a guest clown who I thought looked suspiciously like Matt Lauer.........and it WAS!!! Matt Lauer was there being a CLOWN during the bull riding competition. So cool. I love him. Mary Catherine and I are soooo excited to see him in 1 1/2 weeks in New York. I will be seriously disappointed if he is not there. Also, we thought we were somebody important........the tickets we were given were in a private box. Seriously the only way to attend a sporting event. Your own bathroom!!!!!, hostess serving drinks and food!!! So cool.
*Today, some great CVS free purchases. That is a great fun thing to do. I love to get things for free.

Great testing week. I hope they did as well as they played all week. No homework is the best gift any parent.....oops, I mean student can get ;) I know you all agree.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Are y'all going to visit the TODAY show? If so, you'll have to tell us what day so we can be sure to watch!!

Susan said...

Just catching up (OK, I'm skimming) but the rodeo sounded fantastic! Love love LOVE rodeo...cowboys...country music!