Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Elder Tracy, for one more day!

We went to the airport tonight to welcome home Elder Ryan Tracy from his mission in Washington DC. He worked at Zack's for a couple of years before his mission and we used to tease him that they were his stores. I assured him that we tried to take care of them while he was gone. He is such a hard worker and I am looking so forward to hearing more details about his mission. We had to laugh because his parents were actually late to the airport. We found a camera and took pictures of him walking from the plane --since LC has no building at the airport since the hurricane-- and of him seeing his parents for the first time. It was pretty great. I asked my boys if they wanted lots of people there for them when they get home. They DO! I guess I understand that. We went to Sonic afterwards for treats. Ryan seemed a little unsure of things, but I'm sure he will do just fine adjusting.

3 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

It was great looking back at your post of the homecoming, olympics and first days of school. That is awesome.

Lindsay and Mike said...

The airport is gone? I'm guessing the hurricane you're talking about was Rita, eh? Holy guacamole!?! I can't believe it!

Be A Saint said...

That is correct. The whole building was a loss as a result of Hurricane Rita. You just get your luggage at the plane and walk over to a gate and to cover patio type thing. They did JUST start on rebuilding a new building. Pretty crazy. I always forget about that until I pull up out there and am surprised all over again.