Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics


Just found this picture today. I think that is hilarious. We have been loving the Olympics, too. Why is swimming so exciting only every 4 years? I never hear anything about it during other times....would like to, though. We all find ourselves riveted around the tv waiting and expecting GOLD every time.

Just a side note.....I am hoping and expecting that these Olympic games will bring more freedom to the Chinese people. I have found myself thinking that Alex could go on a mission there. Wouldn't THAT be something? President Bush talked extensively about religious freedom while he was there. Kind of exciting to think about.

2 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Today was the day I read back...thanks for sharing your England experience...i can't wait to go someday.

Lara Neves said...

I never thought about the Olympics possibly being the key to the opening of China. You're right, that really would be something! I served my mission behind the Iron Curtain, and not even 10 years before I left, it seemed that was nearly impossible. :)