Sunday, January 25, 2009

Be an Example in Conversation

I attended New Beginnings in Orange tonight and they were discussing the new Mutual Theme for 2009....."Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity". It is a beautiful scripture and theme. So, they were discussing how we can be an example in conversation and how we can use our words to uplift those around us. I was reminded at that point of something that happened this week to Mary Catherine. A from her school was killed over last weekend. She was riding a bike and was hit by a car on a major road. She was killed instantly. Mary Catherine knew her...but not real well. This was a little different than Mary Catherine and not someone she naturally gravitated to. She was pretty upset about it, though. As we talked about it she said, "Mama, I was always really nice to her." I am so happy that Mary Catherine was able to have peace about HER dealings with Morgan. What more of a tragedy it would be for her to realize that she had been one to cause any pain or sadness to her life. It made me realize that the words we speak to someone could be our last. I hope that I can be the cause of peace and happiness in others lives and not pain or sadness. I learned a great lesson and I hope that Mary Catherine has, too. She is a very happy and is always smiley and outgoing to those around her. I am thankful for her and our relationship. I am praying for Morgan's family and hope that they can find peace in this horrible tragedy that has happened.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I heard the accident report on the radio as it was happening. My heart breaks for that family. What a wonderful lesson for M.C. to take out of that experience.

Lindsay and Mike said...

That was a really nice post & a great reminder for all of us

Wendy said...

Just a reminder that I often reflect on the words of wisdom you shared with me. You always had such confidence in me being a mom> Realy miss you. Tell the girls Hi and we love them.