Monday, February 25, 2008

Scrapbook Convention

So, we got back from scrapbook convention in Mandeville, LA Sunday morning at 2:00am. We had a great time. Lots of time to work on our stuff, fun things to buy and good sales. The most fun thought was visiting with each other. We laughed and laughed late into the night. We have been threatening to do something every year with all the names of groups that arrive at scrapbook convention. They are amazing. One of the best that we missed getting a picture were the Scrappin' Bratz. These lovely ladies had flower pots on their tables at each spot with a Bratz doll in each pot. They were then wrapped with feather boas. Wow, maybe the the best. You choose. In fact, I would like everyone to pick a favorite name. They are pretty funny.



The Scrapper Yappers. Their table was behind ours. I'm sure they did not yap as much as we did, and with me in the group, certainly not as loud.

Scrappersaurus was actually a store. They were there last year. Interesting name for a store. I don't really get how dinosaurs relate to scrapbooking. But, this guy was voted MOST creepy by our group!!!

Love the sign made with cajun things. Can you get into something this much?

This one really stands out to us. They are the Creative Juices. I am not lying. They each have chosen a fruit and not only do they decorate their area with their color, they also wear the color. -This year they added prune juice, again, I AM NOT LYING. Prune---who would what prune. We did notice she left early. We decided she had bathroom problems.

The scrappettes fancied themselves pretty fancy. The lady on the right actually had a crown on.

Snackin Scrappin Kin. Pretty innovative, but who in the world takes the time to do something like this.

Seriously, Scissor Sisters????

Fabulous Croppers and the Sweet & Sassy Scrappers. WOW!!!

Again, another store. Not sure why ladies getting together need to try and pretend they are princesses. Complete with crown and feather boas.

We were forced to have a name this year. I refused to have the word Scrapper or Cropper in our title, so Scappin Saints were out. (Although another of our favorite and somewhat seriously, was Crop Circles---pretty innovative.) No, we did not write our sign. They saved the table for us and had our name already on the table. We may like to go to convention, but we are not that weird.

There we are. What a great group. So fun.

On the way home this was the back of Lisa's van. Gwen was convinced we needed to bring my Excursion, but noone wanted too, because gas would have been MUCH more. SO we made it. Packed everything all in this mini van. Not too bad, if you ask me.

So glad to have a blog to have a place to put these pics. Now I am free from feeling the need to scrapbook them. You should come next year. Lisa and I have decided no use in entering the page contest, because we don't have enough friends to win, even though our pages were most definitely the best. In our not so humble opinion. We are scrapbook snobs.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I have to admit, I'm a little jealous, even though I preferred to stay home this weekend. I love girl weekends, and we should all do one sometime for us non-scrappers! Or maybe I'll just pretend to scrap for next year...Glad yall had a blast!

Erin said...

How fun!! I'm going to skip the wrestling tournament one year and go with you. This weekend we were in New Orleans. So close, but so far away.

MaryRuth said...

yay!!!! it was SOOOOO much fun!!! It was the best week ever!!! Thanks for posting the fun pictures!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

Thanks for the memories!!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Oh how fun that would have been! Good for you guys, I would have loved to have gone...however, I would not have been much fun under my condition. I have been sick since Thursday (bed all weekend), and I am gearing up for this coming up weekend to see Kim and my dear KEITH URBAN....ha-ha. I can't wait to see what turns Susan on.

Katie M. said...

That sounds way fun - you should include some pics of your scrapbook pages so we can all see! That guy is definitely creepy (what kind of guy goes to a scrapbooking convention anyway?), and I really like the "Crop Circles." I think you should definitely go with that next year.

Susan said...

It only looks fun b/c y'all are fun girls...but not even CLOSE to the Keith Urban concert this weekend, from 6th row center no less! : )

And BTW, you scrappers are not the only people with signs - I had some cool ones in the past, but for this concert, maybe just "Come To Mama!" will do... ; )

Andrea said...

That looks like fun!! My sister and I did an Amazing Digi Scrap Race and we named our team the "Southern Srappin Sisters". I thought some of those signs were neat!! And yes that guy was way creepy!! What is a guy doing selling scrapbooking supplies anyway? That in itself is creepy!! and suspicious!! Looks like you all had a great time!!