Sunday, February 3, 2008

Friends and Callings

We had some visitors this weekend. Our friends from Utah, who we knew in Baton Rouge, came to visit. They were going on a cruise out of Galveston and came a couple of days earlier to visit us! We went to Aucoin's in Bell City to eat. They have a live band, and great food. We peeled 10 pounds of crawfish and talked and talked. We ended up saying up till 3:00 in the morning talking about politics and social question (abortion, gay marriage, etc), and mormons! It was a great conversation. They do not agree with my views on almost everything, but we had an interesting conversation. It's funny how sometimes we just can't understand how someone else, especially in the church, could have such different ideas on things. Thanks for the stimulating conversation, Ann and Paul! Can't wait to see you again.

Meanwhile, this weekend was also stake conference. We couldn't go to the Saturday night session because we had company, but we heard it was fantastic. At today's session, Sarah Beth and Emma sang with the Achievement Days choir. They were really great. They sat on the stand the whole 2 hours with out having to go out. They sang like angels and really invited the spirit to the meeting. I was really impressed.

Also, at stake conference I was called to be the Stake Young Women's President. I was set apart after the meeting. I am a little overwhelmed by it, and a lot intimidated. I pray that I can do what is expected of me and help the stake realize its goals. I pray to learn to know and love the s of the stake. It is really exciting. I love the programs of the church and I know that following them will be a blessing to my life and the young women's lives. We saw a friend at the Pogue's tonight who told me that when they announced my calling, their was an audible gasp in the audience. I didn't hear a gasp! What does a gasp mean? Was it a good gasp or an "I can't believe that!" gasp? He said he was sitting around alot of our ward members and it was good he assured me. I guess?!?!?! I'll take that as a vote of confidence! I love the Lord. I am thankful for the direction I get from Him in my life.

Taylor Pogue leaves on Tuesday to go into the MTC on Wednesday. Wow! These kids inspire me to be better! Where has the time gone?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh My Goodness!! I gasped too! Wow! Well, congratulations--you'll be fantastic!! But primary will miss you dearly.

Erin said...

You will be missed in primary. You did such a great job with the children. Have fun with the young women!!

Jennifer said...

I think I might have gasped a little, but that's bc I was excited I recognized a name! I was excited to know someone..lol! I was excited too bc I think you'll do great. Missed you at playgroup.

BTW, I dont know why you were embarrassed about your blog. I think it's good. I enjoy reading about your life. :-)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Sweetie...I wasn't there so I didn't gasp....but I am sure it was a OH MY I AM GLAD IT IS HER AND NOT ME GASP....haha

By the way, I know you will do a great job. I would have gasp for good job. :)