Friday, February 29, 2008

I Spy A Pattern

I have been wanting to have a reason to get my camera out more. You know, to take pictures of other things than just perfectly adorable and beautiful children of which I have an over abundance. So, I happened upon a blog that issues a weekly challenge of things to take pictures of. PERFECT I must say.

This week's challenge is a pattern. At first I thought, hum, I don't have many patterns in my house......lots of block color. Then, I remembered.......TIES. I love those ties. They are often found on the floor or dash or between the seat and the console of the excursion. Mostly they are hanging on the railing of the stairs. Some actually make it to the closet!!! But, cute they are, and they sure remind me of the adorable, beautiful, priesthood honoring, rough-housing, messy room boys that wear them.

I was heading up the stairs to take pictures of the ties, when I spotted these scripture totes. Mary Catherine got one when she went into Young Women's, Sarah Beth got hers on her eleventh birthday, and Emma got hers with her scriptures when she got baptized. Let me just say, I love these things. They keep their goal books, primary hymn book, and their scriptures in them. I love the patterns and the cute initials/name in the front. Also, I love the ribbon that matches, but doesn't, tied onto the handle. It makes me very happy! Shallow? Maybe, but, sadly, true!


Check out the website and see if you are inspired too. http://ispychallenge.blogspot.com/ Good luck!

7 comments:

Laura said...

THANK YOU!!!! I'll have fun with this!

nicole said...

Great pattern to spy!!
thanks for playing along with us.

beth said...

cool patterns!
happy spying!

Andrea said...

That sounds like fun!! I will have to check it out!! I love those scripture totes!!! Where did you get those?

Be A Saint said...

I got them here in Sulphur at STP Monogramming. They are the perfect size. I'm sure they are not made for scriptures, but they work perfectly. Andrea

RaeAnn said...

Cute, cute idea!! Ties are a big part of our life right now. Matthew is wanting us to sent him more ties, but when Jen bought some at the Goodwill, Chris decided he liked them and wanted to keep them!!!

MaryRuth said...

I love those scripture totes!!! Yummy!!