Sunday, January 27, 2008

Update

1. When I learned that President Hinckley died, I was on the phone with Mamaw Clara and she was telling me about her health concerns when Zack said to me, "President Hinckley died." I gasped very loudly in Mamaw's ear. Apparantly, she couldn't hear me because she just went on talking. I guess I'm not surprised, and not really sad, but I will definitely miss him. The kids were saying that he is the only prophet they have known. That is true. He did so many important things from building temples to meeting with the press and "bringing the church out of obscurity". What a wonderful man he was. I know he is having a wonderful reunion with his Marjorie!

2. I am tending a sore toe! I fell last Friday--a week ago--coming out of the beauty shop, slipped on the water and fell on my foot. It hurts so bad. Not constantly, but when it hurts, it really hurts.


3. BTW, my computer will not allow me to post the word descibing young females that starts with a "G".

4. Mamaw Clara had a wreck last week on Monday. She pulled out in front of another driver. It was quite serious and totaled her car and probably the other car as well. But, ever the optomist and independent, she purchased a NEW car just 2 days later. She got a really good deal on the new one. I love her independence. She does not want to be a burden on anyone, as if she could be, but still. She would hate having to depend on someone else. She also knows what her limits are. She paces herself, but pushes herself, too. She inspires me in many ways. I am very grateful for my relationship with her.

5. On Wednesday, we attended the Stake Standard's Night. It was so great. The Young Men sang Walk Tall You're a Daughter to the Young Women. Now, I have always loved that song, but, I have a whole new appreciation for it now. The words took on a whole new meaning being said from the young men to the young women. I am so thankful for that opportunity the young men had to sing it, too. Alex actually sang with them at my prompting at the last minute. I know that if all the young men could know that they were looking for a of virtue and every and guy tried hard to be that, then the world would truly be a different place. I love the standards we have been given. In know that they keep us safe and bring us peace.

No comments: