Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birthday Events

Well, Zack's birthday was yesterday. Yep, he is 44 years old. Wow, I just can't imaging where the years have gone. We have been married almost 20 years, now. Unbelievable. To celebrate...and hide the fact that I didn't get him anything....I tagged along with him to Houston on a business trip he already had planned. We got a late start and stopped in Beaumont at Tokyo of Japan for sushi. Yummy! Then on into Houston. This morning Zack drove me to the temple to do a session and then meet the kids who were there on our annual Mardi Gras temple trip. It was wonderful. I have never done a session strictly by myself, but I really enjoyed it. I thought about how nice it would be to be able to go once a week. Maybe one day in another season of my life. I am excited to go to the temple soon with Alex and texted him that earlier today, to which he responded, "I'm pumped". It was very satisfying to be there in the temple with Taylor, Mary Catherine, and Sarah Beth. They have wonderful spirits and strong testimonies. I am so grateful for that. Not to mention how very cute they are!!!
Funny story....Taylor spent the night here at the house with Bryce Anderson. MC and SB stayed at the Newton's. So, last night President Newton was asking me if I thought that Taylor could wake up in time to meet at Kroger this morning. I was so sure that he could and would be fine. Oh, YES, I told him. No worries. So, last night I lectured Taylor on all the things he needed to be sure and take care of that night. Lock the door, set your phone on loud, keep it near you.....etc. Usual things when mom is not home. So, Taylor didn't really want to take time to listen to me. He could handle it.....no prob, right? Well, this morning Sarah Beth calls me at 5:45 saying that they couldn't get Taylor to answer the phone. Ok, ok, go ahead and get ready and Daddy and I will keep calling. So, we call and call and call. No answer. Then suddenly Taylor answers the house phone and says that President Newton had to come over and wake them up. According to President Newton, he let himself into the house (no locked door!!!--I know Lisa, scary, right!) to find 6'2" Taylor asleep on the 4' ottoman in front of the TV with ESPN blaring! Lights on everywhere. So Taylor jumps up to go wake up Bryce. This all occurred at 6:15 and Taylor and Bryce arrived at the Kroger at 6:35. Taylor was right to say, "Good thing I took a shower last night"--and that Daddy brought your shirts to the cleaners and they were ready for you!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Bryce didn't listen to me either. The one thing I told him to make sure he brought home with him was his shoes...this morning...no shoes. So, he is wearing old, too small ones. Have you seen his shoes?

Be A Saint said...

I have them. Taylor brought them down to me this morning!! Sorry!

Lou Ellen said...

I love your 'slice-of-life' stories about the kids!