Thursday, February 19, 2009

"I'm getting really excited about going on my mission"

How can those nine words make my heart sing? I called Alex last night to check up. He was so happy and excited. He was waiting for his dorm room to be inspected and was just as upbeat as he could be. So I asked him what was going on. He told me that that day he went to the MTC with a friend from here, Deneka Mahana, to see another friend, Lake Alvis, into the MTC. He said it was so cool. He was the last one to hug Lake before he went into the MTC. I called Sheila last night to tell her the details....as much as I had been given:) Anyway, Alex went on to tell me how he had some really great experiences lately that made him so excited to go. The MTC was one. Another was in his religion class the professor bore his testimony about prophets for the entire class period. Alex said it was awesome. And then in his Mission Prep class they practiced teaching a discussion. He liked that, too. I guess all these experiences have really helped to light his fire. He seems to be growing. Wow........sure does make it all worth it. And while I know that there is an awful lot this

AND this

going on out there at BYU, I think things are moving along really well. Please pray that we can get these papers filled out and get this boy on a mission in the next couple of months!!!

No comments: