Monday, April 7, 2008

General Conference

Ok, I have lofty goals, I know. I always envision perfect little children sitting attentively and interested as they listen to the speakers. I always think given the best conference booklet that they will listen for the clues as they do "conference bingo" and learn so much along the way. I always think this, but know somewhere inside that is will not happen that way. And it never does! But, even with my hopes and dreams dashed, it is really pretty good. We got satellite on Friday evening and were able to comfortably watch at home. The kids did really good, even with Alex having Prom and needing to leave in the middle of the morning session on Saturday. We also got DVR and were able to stop and rewind when we need to. That is cool, I must say.

Also very cool was sustaining President Monson in the Solemn Assembly. I only remember one other when President Hinkley was sustained. What a wonderful experience to see the First Presidency stand and then a few steps away, the men in my family stand. They all make me so proud as they honor their priesthood. And then I had to stand alone, and then Mary Catherine alone. I was so impressed with the sincerity in which this was done. It is such an honor to add my insignificant vote to that of others. The fact that the church gives me the opportunity and cares what I think is humbling. I loved when President Uchtdorf--love HIM, by the way, maybe my new favorite--told Stake Presidents to report to SLC if there were any negative votes and why. That is so cool. All around the world people can still have a voice and an opportunity to express support for our new prophet.

1 comment:

Julie Church said...

What a cute picture at the top of your blog page...wink, wink! AHHH, Love.
Julie