Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I am thankful for a prophet








Lots of good stuff going on here, even though I can't get any camera in this house to download pictures. Alex is doing so well taking care of his Eagle requirements. We had his project on Saturday and it went really well. He was so appreciative to all who came out and worked so hard. We were finished much sooner than we had planned. Emma and Lily even got to try out machetes in the woods. They were so big. I can see good things that have come from Alex completing the requirements for Eagle. There is confidence gained from completing something that is not fun, that you don't have immediate gratification for, that you are doing for someone else, and that the prophet has told you to do. I hope he has learned all of these lessons and I think he has to some degree. Alex is really maturing. I am so proud of the hard work he has done and the obstacles he has overcome. He has pushed himself to do things that are outside his comfort level. That is a really growing experience for a young man. I am so thankful for a prophet who pushes young men and young women to do things that are not always fun. I think that he knows the growth that can come from completing such a program. There IS a purpose in this program (even though even I didn't always understand it I can see it now) and that the church has decided to use it to help shape its young men.

4 comments:

Stacy James said...

Way to go Alex!!! Isn't it wonderful as a parent to see your children become what you always hoped they would and knew they could be? I'm thankful for our prophet too. We'd all be a BUNCH of lost sheep without him!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Congratulations Alex!!! Quite the accomplishment! :)

Stacy James said...

My address is: 401 Leisure Way, #1
Richmond, KY 40475

cell: 859-353-1960

just in case you need to hear my voice...ha!!

Andrea said...

You have a wonderful young man! I hope my boys will be as great as Alex is!! Congrats Alex!!

He has great parents!!