Monday, April 7, 2008

More about New York!!


Mary Catherine and I in front of the PLAZA. Definitely the most beautiful Hotel I have ever been in. It was recently renovated and is just amazing. We went inside later. The scene from
Eloise and Home Alone. It is right across the street from Central Park and FAO Schwartz. Pretty cool.






This is my nerdiest picture of all. When we first got to the airport I couldn't help but notice the difference in items sold at the stands there. They had nuts, fruits, unusual sandwiches, and different candy than I am used to seeing. It is so different from what we saw in Atlanta or Houston. Heathy!!! The city as a whole seemed to me to do things in a healthier way.....walking, eating, everything.





Me at the Statue of Liberty. Sad to say I had to take this picture of myself. Mary Catherine had her picture made and then ran off with her friends. It was kind of lost of the girls. I love it, though. It was really cold and the wind was so strong. Not too bad!

















The two guys came through the train and sat up their drums and announced to us that they are from the Nation of Islam and were going to perform for us. They hoped we enjoyed and would then donate to their cause. Some other interesting things in the subway.........on the same train a guy came through and very loudly announced that he had been pick-pocketed a few streets back and had needed like $7.30 to be able to go home. He was very cordial and polite. It made us a little uncomfortable to sit there. Most of the adults would not give, but then the kids started collecting their money. They were worried that it was a scam, but we told them not to worry if it was. They had done the right thing. It probably was a scam, but oh well. Another thing.......A guy pole dancing on the train. Unfortunately, I did not see it. I was too busy talking to one of the teachers. It was pretty hilarious to the kids. They loved it. As soon as he got off the train, they all broke up laughing. We saw lots of strangely dressed people, lots of Orthodox Jews with long curly sideburns, and many other assorted interesting things to look at.

And of course, the whole group at the Today Show. We were able to shake hands with Matt, see Donald Trump and Trace Atkins, and have a good time. New York was so interesting. I loved just seeing normal things and normal people along with all the touristy things you like to see. Good time.

5 comments:

MaryRuth said...

So fun!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I can't wait to go there some day!!

And I love the new picture of you and Zach at the top!! Such a great picture!!!

Susan said...

I agree w/ MaryRuth...very cute photo of you & Zack. But seriously, you have to turn those sideways pictures straight!

Be A Saint said...

I agree, but I don't know HOW! Very frustrating.
Andrea

Be A Saint said...

You're welcome!!

Susan said...

WTG, you did it! MUCH better. :)