Thursday, April 3, 2008

New York, New York....and Queens, too!

As we left the airport, we drove throught Queens. So exciting. I said, "I've always wanted to be in Queens." How true is that. As much as I thougth Manhattan was amazing and cool, I loved the off the beaten path places we went. Driving through neighborhoods was the highlight of my trip. That and going to the Today Show, of course. A few pics for your enjoyment.

Mary Catherine and her friend with their heads out the window of our hotel room. We were on the corner of Broadway and 42nd St.--right above the Ed Sullivan Theater, i.e. the David Letterman Show. How cool is that. Seriously loved being in that place. 2nd is one of many sitings of Matt Lauer around town. This just happens to be a cardboard siting, but still. Got my picture with him!! We have several other sitings I will be happy to share if begged and pleaded with.


Next is Mary Catherine's Mary Tyler Moore moment. Not that she knew that..........but realy is cute. Oh, and is that me shaking hands with President George W. Bush?!?!?! Why, yes, it is! We ran into him at Madame Trousseau's Wax Museum. We chatted for a while and I gave him some of my ideas on politics and his leadership. Great times.















Just a few pics to prove that I was there, I guess. More to come tomorrow. Computer is way to slow to do more right now.

4 comments:

MaryRuth said...

These are the cutest pictures ever!!

AND I LOVE THE MC MARY TYLER MOORE PICTURE!! SO DANG CUTE!!

Sounds like so much fun!!

We should do a scrapbook convention in NYC some year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan said...

Wow...MC looks so grownup in that photo, with that cap on she could pass for 20!

Be A Saint said...

Oh Mary Ruth would I love to do a convention around New York sometime, except I want to see things there, not put pictures in books about other things I have seen. And Susan, don't tell me that. She is growing up too fast anyway. But, she IS very cute isn't she.
Andrea

Andrea said...

Awh! Those are such fun pictures!! I love the one of you and Matt!! I will beg and plead for more!! PLEASE!!!!