Friday, April 11, 2008

I SOOOOOOO AGREE!!

From my favorite "I don't know who she is" blog:

In other news, I think our church needs a copyright on our name and we can't let anyone who does polygamy use it. OMG, these reports on the news are disgusting and vile (even worse then the transformer people, if you can imagine). Each time they say the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I get sick. I would like to state categorically that these are not a part of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They are a "break-off" the same way that Hilary Clinton is related to Madonna and Angelina Jolie. We do not allow polygamy in our church. We're not kidding about it. I know many non-members who think, "yeah, sure you don't." But really those who practice polygamy are immediately taken out of the church through a process called excommunication. End of story. Also, the stories of the bed in their temple (which is designed to look something like our temple -- although not NEARLY as nice) -- is DISGUSTING and we have NOTHING like that in our own temples. is not a religious rite in our church. Just had to get that off my chest. Personally, I believe there is a special section in hell where the fires burn the hottest (no, we don't believe Hell is full of fire either -- just a metaphor) for men who hold religion as a way to rule over women and children. The women who escaped, are brave, and hopefully we can all help them to heal an integrate into society. If anyone knows of a fund for these women who are choosing to leave I'd love to donate. Can you imagine -- married at 14, with no real workplace "skills" not to mention they probably have a bunch of kids as well? {sigh} Good luck to them.

Can you see why she is my favorite? She has very strong feelings about things and likes to share them. We might not get along in real life, but our blogging relationship is great! And she speaks the truth!!

7 comments:

MaryRuth said...

LOL!!! I should tell Hilary she has a huge fan!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Amen sister!!! I'm right there with you! I hate the words "fundamentalist mormon". There is NO SUCH THING!!! I'm not bitter or anything... :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Good grief......I know what you mean and agree SISTER!

Katie M. said...

I think I might copy and paste the same comment to my blog - I have some non-LDS people who read mine, and I would like to clear the air with all of them!

Laura said...

I truly truly agree. It's terribly upsetting and amazingly no one has approached me yet with questions. Either this is because they are scared or they just know if Steven looks somewhere else it'll be the last place he ever looks! lol

And talking to my neighbor today about the whole thing, I made sure to say we don't go to the temple to have sex! She thought that was great!

Laura said...

P.S. Thanks for the comment today! I have moved up in the world now--a big milestone for me! (Inspiring you to finally leave one!)

Laura said...

Man, my third one on here! Anyway, I was reading fox news this morning. Here's a new one for ya:

"renegade Mormon sect"

I haven't seen that one yet.