Thursday, May 15, 2008

To-Do Thursday

Feeling quite lazy today. Just need a little time to refuel, although I have lots to do. A list of the things that I need to do and things coming up:
*Fold 6-7 baskets of laundry.
*Pay a few bills.
*Get new glasses.
*Grocery shopping for the missionaries to come tonight.
*Clean house.
*Send out some YW e-mails.
*Plan Alex's graduation "Party"--finally convinced him we were having one.
*Fix lunches for MC and SB and bring them to the school.
I'm sure there is more, just can't think of it now.

Alex's seminary graduation was last night in Orange. He has completed four years. I'm a little bummed that it has to be him finishing. He is the easiest of all our kids to wake up. It is down hill from here on that note. I am so grateful for seminary. I am so thankful that Alex has always been happy to go. He never complained about it. Even when it was tough. Now, I don't know that he was always awake during seminary, but I am happy that he knew it was important to go complete it. Seminary senioritis actually only set in the last week. One down, FIVE to go!! It will be interesting to see how Mary Catherine is next year.

Other news: my SIL is having a baby and we just found out yesterday that it is a GIRL!! Another one!! for the family I mean. This is their first child after 15 years of marriage. That makes 9 girls of my mother's 12 grandchildren. WOW, poor boys. It will be nice to have a baby around again for holiday's. And I will just get to hold and smell and squeeze!! Even better. When this baby is born, my youngest will be SIX. How did that happen? The youngest in the family will be four. Time passes way to quickly to waste any of it.

Ok, must get off the couch and get something done. I think I will pay bills, send emails, and fix lunches first. Then groceries, and off to playgroup at the Gardner's. Fun stuff.

Have a happy rainy day!!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats to the new parents, I bet they're thrilled!

You'd think with random selection it would be half & half but sometimes the girl/boy ratio is families really is that lopsided. My parents had 9 grandchildren - 6 boys and 3 girls.

Andrea said...

There are something about "to do" lists, they just get longer and longer. Mine never seem to end. We are flooded over here. Fun rainy day!!
Yeah for a new baby girl! Congrats to the mom and dad! I bet they are so excited!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Congrat to the new aunt! It gets better, I promise. Down hill it goes, but you get to where I am and say, "wow this isn't so bad after all". My youngest has two years and I will be down with high school. Again, where did the time go? :)

Stacy James said...

If they ever sleep during seminary, good ol' osmosis kicks in and they still get stuff when you don't think there's any possible way. Kudos to them all for doing the right thing!