Monday, May 26, 2008

Five-day Furry

What a week!........will add pics later!!!
Wednesday-----Lily's End of the School year Picnic and "Graduation". We had a picnic at Frasch Park and Lily received her "diploma". I told her that she was graduating, too, this year. She is expecting that she will receive gifts like Alex has been. I hate to tell her....This is the closest she will come most probably. I did buy her a little bear holding a picture frame that I told her she can put a picture of she and Alex in. This was somewhat satisfying, though not as much as the graduate Barbie she was eyeing.

It was also Sarah Beth's actual birthday. She went to lunch with Mama and Daddy at Olive Garden and got to stay home the rest of the day. She got the Wii Fit game, some Croc flip-flops, and a scrapbook set. The highlight of the day was going to mutual that night. She was sooooo excited and was NOT disappointed. Her sweet leader, Lindsay, made it a really special day. They dressed her up and took her to the mall on display. This was the perfect activity for Sarah Beth and she will never forget it.

Thursday---Graduation Day. I spent the whole morning cleaning and getting ready for my family to come that afternoon. My sister and her kids got here about 4:00. My dad even came to our house to visit before the graduation. This was a surprise as I had not seen him in 10 years. It went well. My mom got here about 5:00. We left to go to the Civic Center at about 6:15. The graduation was really nice. Not too many tears. Just a since of "where did the time go". It does not seem possible. I know every parent must feel that way, but it is a real feeling. Just shocking for me that this is my child. What a great kid, too.

Friday----Emma had dance recital practice at McNeese. Ran all over campus trying to find the right auditorium. I know them all now.

At 7:00 we had a little graduation party for Alex. We cooked hamburgers, and sat around and talked and talked. It was so much fun. I am so glad Alex finally relented and let us do this. It was great. I think he even had a good time.

Saturday----Emma had her dance recital practice at 12:15. We all went out to the river to swim after. The kids had a great time in the paddle boat and on the rope swing. We came home just in time to grap a leftover hotdog and get up to McNeese for the recital. Emma was thrilled to be performing. Not a bit of nervousness. She even decided that she could do without her finger splint. She was so cute and had just as much fun back stage. She kept asking me to take her picture.

Mary Catherine had another bit event tonight. Her 8th grade party. Will someone stop these kids from growing and moving tooo fast? The party was at the school. They got a beach towel monogrammed with "SHS 2012", a memory book, and a SHS Tor cookie. I felt soooo bad that I wasn't there, but it was the same time as the recital. She had a great time, but unfortunately I got NO pictures. She went to a friends afterward for about an hour. She had a great time and is soooooooo ready for high school.

Angela and I took Sarah Beth, Claire, and Sam to the movies after the recital. They saw Chronicles of Narnia........we saw What happened in Vegas. I'm a little embarrassed to admit. It was actually not as bad as I had feared.

Sunday-----Alex was ordainded an Elder at church on Sunday. It was a really special thing. Zack was able to do the ordination and Troy Mire happened to be there that day. He ordained Zack a high priest, and he is going to send his line of authority to Zack and Alex. Quite a coincidence. I am so proud of Alex. He had a strong sense of testimony and duty. I admire his ability to do the right thing. I can't wait for him to have a mission experience and go to the temple. It is a really exciting time for him.

Monday----Angela left with her kids, and Sarah Beth. I know.......she has school. They promise me they are not taking role at school. I hope that is correct!! We took the opportunity to clean out her clothes. Two bags to haul off. She plans on shopping for things for 's Camp in Dallas. She will meet me in 2 weeks in time to go to 's camp.

Also, Alex had his Eagle Board of Review tonight. It went really well. He said they just talked. He had to write something for the board. He is such a great writer. I told Zack he is either full of it, or had a great head on his shoulders. :) Maybe a little of both!!

I have had so many really big events packed into such a short time......my head is spinning. I am so grateful for the gospel and the safety it provides to me and my family. I am realizing how much I need guidance and direction through prayer. Life is really good. We have had such wonderful blessings in our family. I am so thankful to all who inspire and help us.

I am tired and getting really stressed out about camp. Got to get on that. Did a little today. It will be fine, but we have ALOT to do in the next week or so. Thankful to all who are working so hard pull this whole thing off. It will be a great event for the s and their testimonies.

Need to go to bed!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

WOW, are you a busy woman!! You need a chance to stop and Breathe! We don't have the recital until the 14th, I'm a little envious you have that over with already. Don't know how I can, but if you need any help with camp stuff, let me know. I will be minus two boys starting Thurs. night for over a week!

Andrea said...

You surley have a lot goig on! I do not know how you keep it so organized!! I am very impressed and would like some insight on how you do it all!! You are awesome!! I am willing to help out with camp, I just can't go. But I will make anything you need me to, or put anythign together that you need me too!! I want to help!!

Stacy James said...

Whew! Now I'm tired! Your family sounds busy but wonderful. Kudos to you and Zack for raising such great kids. I'm jealous.

Be A Saint said...

Just remember this is my bragging blog......see here...http://andrea-zack.blogspot.com/2008/03/bragging.html

Susan said...

Congrats to all - I didn't know Alex was still working on his Eagle. And even though it's been wild, y'all did good all through your Five-day Fury. :)

Gayla said...

Hello Andrea from here in Zack's mission stomping grounds. We recently found our southern friends in the blogging world. We love hearing how your family is growing. Congrats to Alex on his graduation and upcoming Eagle! Who does Emma take dance from? I miss playgroup so much. You were always ahead of me with more kiddos and older ones. I always learned something from you. Good luck at girls camp, I'll bet you are the most fun leader!

MaryRuth said...

wow you've been busy!!

Congrats to you and all the wonderful things that are going on in your family right now!

Be A Saint said...

Hey Gayla, hope you read this. Emma takes dance from Clarke Dance.....Donna Makely's kids place. We love it, but becoming too difficult with the drive. Thanks so much for Alex's gift...really sweet. How is your family? I'm sure they are changing and growing all the time. Blogging is a great way to keep in touch. I will be on the lookout for your blog!! Great to hear from you.