Monday, May 19, 2008

Wee-ball and Great Kids

Today was Lily's first ever game of Wee-Ball. This is a rather new version of T-ball. Because of rain, she ended up only having one practice. This has been at the ball park her entire life. I thought for sure she new all about the rules and structure of the game. I was late to her game because I had to pick up Emma from dance. When I arrived she was in the outfield. If you look very carefully you can see some glimmer of pink on the ground next her her. That would be her glove. Her hands were hot.

Next was her at bat. On her way to the batter's box I yelled for her to hit it hard. She annoyingly looked over at me and put her finger to her lips........SSSHHHH! Gosh mom, how embarrasing. She got a really good hit and got to first base. The next batter sent her to second and this is where it gets a little touchy. She soundly rounded second and ran right back down the second base line, back towards first and into the dugout. She didn't feel good. She was finished. The coach, Judge David Ritchie, looked up at me and said, "who are her parents?!?!" Very funny, to which I replied, "I don't know, who is her coach?!?!" At least she didn't hear us.....that would have meant the end of wee-ball for the day.

Sarah Beth had a great game today, too. She got a good hit and scored. Yeah!!!Sarah Beth.

Taylor was the biggest help today. He went to SPAR to play basketball after school today. I told him that I needed him to help, though. So, he left SPAR at 5:00 and walked over to Pattison, met Mamaw Zack, who was dropping Lily off, and took Lily to her game, got her uniform, and went with her to the bathroom while she went in to change. When I came up he had her clothes folded--sort of--and under his seat. He even had a cute story about Lily. When they got back to the field from changing her coach told her to get out there. She then ran into the dugout, deposited ALL her things and headed out to the field. Taylor yelled, "Lily, you might need your glove!" Lily whipped around and shook her fist at him while she went to get her glove. She knew what she was doing....

I feel so blessed to have such helpful children. Mary Catherine went to Sarah Beth's game. I just couldn't be everywhere I need to be tonight. Zack and Alex are in Houma getting Alex the training he needs to work this summer for ES&H. So, I had to rely on the big kids. They were great.

While we were driving to dance today, Emma decided that she wanted to be in charge of FHE. Not knowing how much time we would have after games, I was a little concerned about this. So, we talked about what she would do and mapped it all out. We decided that we would act out a story from the Book of Mormon. I didn't realize, but she told her Primary teachers that this was her favorite activity at FHE. She chose Ammon watching the sheep of the King of the Lamanites. And, of course, drop cookies, which turned into custard when we realized we did not have cocoa. We had a great time and then turned our attention to the Hornets, who did not have such a good time tonight. They are going home. Season done in game 7. It was a fun night. And I REALLY need to go to bed.

OK, I was trying to get the pictures on here, but for some reason they will not load onto the blog. Very frustrating. I'll try tomorrow.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like you are so busy!! But fun!! It's so great that Taylor could help out like that!! Can't wait to see pictures.