Monday, January 14, 2008

FHE and So On!

We tried so hard to have FHE tonight and granted I wasn't really prepared; just grabbed something I had printed from the computer and it wasn't all that great and most of all, I just wasn't feeling it. BUT....we were trying! But the kids were just not cooperating. It frustrates me so much. They interupt, have side conversations, start talking to me or Zack while we are bearing our testimonies or telling a special story. I don't understand. So, of course, I fussed...and fussed.....and then tried to get the Spirit there for the rest of the lesson. Let me just say, that is not an easy thing. We finally finished the lesson and played "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?" It was fun to tease Sarah Beth about making up the rules as she goes along because after all she is the Little Sister General. She can get those s to do ANYTHING. They were much more successful playing by themselves than we were tonight. Mass confusion is the only way I can think to describe it.

The BIGs and I went for a walk and picked up Whitney and Evan on the way to the track. Sarah Beth and I walked together and talked and talked. She was telling me she wanted to start having a schedule because she started piano againg today and needs to have a specific time to practice. So we decided on a schedule and talked about healthy treats she can have after school. The other kids were running all over and sprinting past us. They are really fast, but we had a nice walk and ran some of the curves.

Mary Catherine has been chosen for Mardi Gras Court at school. She needs a really nice dress to wear to be presented and she wanted an orange dress. So, I looked online at some modest dress websites. She of course like to make fun of them. Then she remember that Whitney wore an orange dress for Ivy's wedding. We picked it up after our walk. She was afraid it would be too small, but it looks really good on her. It is perfect. Whitney even has the shoes! I told her we could look for some jewelry and get her nails done. She is really excited even though she has always acted like she wasn't interested in things like this. She is such a beautiful . The boys were giving her tips on walking in the high heals and what she should do with her hair. They were hilarious. At one point Alex said, "wait, what do I care about a dress?" He couldn't help himself. Those boys will be great husbands!

No comments: