Sunday, January 20, 2008

In the Hollow of Thy Hand

Ok, with full disclosure, as I tell funny stories about my children all the time, I must tell this story on myself. Emma had her friend, Jamie, spend the night on Friday. We had a good time: we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for supper, and then the Big s and Heather Zimmerman and I watched a few episodes of Gilmore s. I was up pretty late and had every one tucked in and the lights off. They WERE all asleep, for sure, no doubt. So, I went to my room, got undressed, and went to bed. I fell asleep with the TV and the lamp on. Sometime during the night I hear an voice saying, "Andrea, Andrea, I'm taking Jamie, she called me to come pick her up." I roll over to see Martha Dalton, who is Jamie's mother and has been 2 of our children's teacher standing by my bed as I lay there in my underwear, covered up, but still..................I couldn't get out of the bed, so I lamely layed there and said, "oh, ok. sorry." They made there way out of the house I assume. I did call her the next day and explain how sorry I was and that I was so out of it. She said Jamie woke up really stuffy and then couldn't go back to sleep, so she found a phone and called her mom. Pretty scary when you think about it. She could have gone outside or gotten into something. She is a pretty laid back mom and just laughed about it. Thank goodness. Stock pile that one into the Christmas party telling stories.

On a different note, today at church was Taylor Pogue and Mathew Sorenson's mission farewell. They gave great talks during which Taylor was a little emotional, which meant that others were very emotional. There was such a sweet spirit there. I'm getting emotional writing about it. And, then, the youth sang "In the Hollow of Thy Hand". I can't help but think about Alex and Taylor (big Taylor, as he was called at our house). They were such good friends. It's hard to think of them all grown up, but wonderful to see the strong young men that they are.

Wow, that was really wonderful. Alex, Ryan, and Jacob Rollins sang a verse of it. It was beautiful. I kept thinking about the words of that song and how that is really my prayer. I pray that Heavenly Father will hold each of these wonderful spirits he sent to me in the Hollow of His hand, and that he will also hold me in the hollow of His hand.

Protect him from all worldly ways
And always send thy spirit when he prays
Give him the courage of a righteous man
Just hold him in the hollow of thy hand.

Googling this song the only actual music I found was this version. I couldn't help making it MY song!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I can just picture you waking up like that! Ha Ha--how embarrassing!!! Definitely made for a good laugh. Ask Alex about his date with Nikki!

The youth did an EXCELLENT job!!!!