Monday, January 7, 2008

Geaux Tigers!!!

So, the LSU Tigers won the National Championship tonight! It was an awesome game. This officially ends the holiday season at our house. What an end. Taylor started the day not feeling well, but by the time he came home from school he was prepared for game time and feeling fine. Thank goodness, we couldn't have enjoyed the game if Taylor, the biggest fan, was sick! We had the Pogue's and the Newton's over to watch. The kid's watched out in the office on the projection screen. It was nice and quiet in the house. I decided the best place to be on a night like tonight was in the band. How fun would that be to get to watch and make lots of noise. They looked like they were having a blast.

In other news, I called voters in New Hampshire for Mitt Romney's campaign today. What cool experience that was. I got cussed at by a couple, agreed with from a few, questioned extensively by one teen, but mostly hung up on. It was really fun. Lily and I played Memory on the desk while I made the calls and Alex sat by me through most of it and laughed and laughed. I hope I did even a little good. I was able to answer the teen questions pretty well. Too bad he won't be old enough to vote in the election.

Also, Mary Catherine had her interview for Student of the Year this morning. She did a great job and had an oportunity to discuss the church, and her future at BYU and medical school. They asked her if she would serve a mission and if she had to serve. She told them she would decide later, if she didn't get married early! Sounds like she really handled herself with poise. She said,"I looked them in the eye like you told me to." I'm so proud of her.

No comments: