Saturday, November 1, 2008

BYU

In late August we sent Alex out to BYU on a plane all by himself. I cried the whole day. It was tough. It was hard for him, but he managed. I am so proud of him for taking care of business and getting everything done. But, I have been soooo curious. I couldn't stand to not have my questions answered. I needed to know what his apartment looked like. I needed to meet his roommates. I needed to see BYU since I had never really even been there. Does that sound like a crazy mom???to send your child to a place you have never even seen to live? I have faith in the church to take care of him.......but, there again, I have been so curious.

We have been talking about me going on Parent's Weekend at the end of October, but I had begun to think that it was just too expensive. The Sunday before the Parent's Weekend Zack was on the computer and he said, "Well, I bought your ticket!" What!!!! Yeah!!! So, on Friday morning I flew to Salt Lake City, via Houston to Dallas. And, finally, after two months, got to see my baby! I made crawfish soup and gumbo for everyone in his dorm, some s, and a roommates family....yeah, they like me! Prepare for some cute pictures....if you like cute boys in ties!




They coordinate ties on Sunday for church. This was light blue day....last week....green. They are all great guys and made be feel very welcome. It was a great mama weekend.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had fun! Does Alex live in Heritage Halls? That is where I lived, and it looks just like my dorm. I lived in Fox hall and we were the Foxy ladies...

Be A Saint said...

Yeah, he is in Snow Hall that is right next to the Creamery parking lot. It is so great

Gayla said...

You made Southern food for everyone in his dorm? Of course they love you!!