Saturday, November 8, 2008

Thankful, November 8.......My One Spot on Earth


I am really thankful for my home. It has little resemblance to the home that we bought in October, 1994, but it is better and still has that "grandma's house" feel to the outside that I love so much. We poured a concrete driveway and redid all the flower beds. We have changed the nasty garage to a great office that is quickly becoming a food storage room!! We have moved the laudry around 3 times, from outside, to a closet in the hall, to a whole room just for that. We added on to a downstairs bedroom with a new bathroom and closet to make a master bedroom. We completely redid the upstairs bath. We divided the upstairs into two bedrooms instead of one. And of course, we remodeled our kitchen twice and added on a new room connected to the kitchen. Wow, that seems a little ridiculous...but, we made it work for us and still only owe a very little on it. That makes me feel good with the current housing market.

When I am out of town...espcially far away, I love the feeling of being in places around the country (and now England!) and narrowing my travels down to my one spot on this earth that belongs to me and my family. It is this spot that most of my memories of my family come from. We have lived here for 14 years and I still love to pull into the driveway....especially since we got rid of the gravel!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I have tender feelings about our house too, especially since Hurricane Rita.

You can travel the world but home is where the heart is. ♥

Sharon said...

I haven't seen your house in so long! It does look different and wonderful!