Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful


I am so thankful for THIS... Ok, so we needed toilet paper and I remembered seeing that CVS had some on sale and I had $5.00 extra bucks from my last visit there. So, I thought I would see what deals I could do.

First transaction........So, I walk in, pick up the sale paper, and see that if you spend $20.00 on Duracell batteries you get $15.00 back in extra bucks and the batteries are already on sale, so that goes farther. So, I had the $5 and $1 of coupons to go toward this purchase. So, out-of-pocket cost is $17.46 for 32 AA batteries pluc $15.00 in extra care bucks for the next purchase! That is a really good price already.

Second transaction........So, then I see that they also have a new L'Oreal product -tinted moisturizer- for $15.98 and get $15.98 back in extra bucks. So, yeah, it was free and paid the $15.98 with extra care buck (ECB) from previous transaction. Tried it already...it is great. Love it! Just the kind of thing I like to use for makeup. Yeah!!

Third transaction........So, still no TP, right? So, they do have TP on sale for $9.99 for 32 rolls, so I grab that but I need $6 more to use the $15.98 (ECB). So, another sale paper shows Crest toothpaste $3.49 and $3.49 back in ECBs. $2.50 more to spend. I found Taylor a long sleeve t-shirt to wear under uniform for school. Cute and cost $2.50! At the register, I paid nothing!!!

So, for just a little more than I would have spent on the TP I have 32 Duracell batteries ready for Christmas or whatever, TP, great new makeup, tube of Crest toothpaste and a t-shirt! AND I have $3.49 ECB for next trip. Gotta love that.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Okay, I so need to go shopping with you. I spend way tooo much money of food and other things. You are the shopping queen.

My sister is like that too, she got the Tinkerbell movie for 4 bucks!!

Suzy Q said...

OK, I have decided that you should be teaching "Remedial Shopping 101" or something like that...that's awesome! I need to pay more attention to those things I think.

Be A Saint said...

Well, thanks for the nice words, but don't think that I am any better with money than anyone else! Still, shopping is my thing! And I love a deal!

Laura said...

I'm still trying to learn the whole mentality you just showed. I got the batteries on my first transaction, and the toilet paper, and oatmeal and toothpaste on the second, and did well, but once home, and after thinking on it for awhile, I see I didn't do quite as well as I could have done! And certainly not as well as you!!!

Be A Saint said...

I know...it is a total game to figure out the best order to check out in. That can make a difference of a dollar to many dollars!

Susan said...

Whoo-hoo, you rock! :)

Erin said...

So after I read your post, I headed to Walgreens. I stood in line for a long time behind a very slow shopper. I was ready to get out of there and felt bad for the lady in line behind me.
Instead of doing several transactions, I did it all in one. Which means that I spent $48 out of pocket, but I have $36 in extra care bucks towards my next visit.

Be A Saint said...

That sounds pretty good too. I have to say! Next week will be good. If you handle it right you should not have to do out of pocket again!