Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I can't keep up!!

Ok, I admit it, I am slow. It is too hard to keep this up everyday. BUT, today I am thankful for my daughters. Daughter #1 had a soccer game last night in DeRidder -1 hour north- and she so wanted me to come. I texted her and said it might be hard for me to come because some other daughters were sad. And, I am happy to report, at the ripe old age of almost 15, she was sad. She REALLY wanted her mama to be there. I am so thankful for that. She is sweet, good, and a beast on the volleyball court and the soccer field.

Meanwhile, at home, Daughter #2 led #3 and #4 in preparing supper and a WONDERFUL Family Home Evening for the whole family. They had the table set, refreshments made and had even practiced their presentation on-what else-being grateful. They read poems, told scripture stories, bore their testimonies, led is in "We thank thee, oh God, For a Prophet" ,etc. It was so touching. I am so impressed that they helped me to feel the Spirit in their simple testimonies of what they are grateful for and why. I told them that FHE is for helping families feel the Spirit in our home. I am grateful they reminded me of that.

I love my daughters, every one!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

You have totally awesome girls. Well, maybe the boys too! lol

Gayla said...

Wow - what a thrifty gal! Great post, thanks for sharing.