Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for beautiful weather. I guess I have to be grateful for "not so beautiful weather", too, because that makes me realize how much I appreciate the beautiful. Today was my all time favorite kind of day. Sunny, blue skies, but still cold with the wind blowing. Now some people might not think this could be, because my second favorite kind of day is totally overcast, rainy days. I know that these two things conflict. But, I love them both. The only difference is what I like to do on those days. On sunny, cold days I like to be out and active. These days inspire me to MOVE. Rainy days, on the other hand, are the best for sitting and listening to the rain on the roof. They are perfect for reading and sleeping. They don't make my eyes hurt to look outside. AND, I think they are beautiful, too......in their own way. I am totally happy with either, but I think my family works better with beautiful days. We went out to the river this afternoon and cleaned and fooled around. It was a wonderful day. Makes me happy to live in Southwest Louisiana!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

OK - I should probably just pick up the phone & call you... but I just checked my google reader & your updated posts reminded me that I needed to give you a number for the alexandria activity - for Williamson 1st Ward - boys & girls - we will have 13 there. Sorry its taken me a while!

Be A Saint said...

No, that is great, thanks. You are wonderful