Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful



I am thankful for notes that people leave me. I found this one from Emma left on top of a cute skirt that I found her at Children's Place for $4. Yes, that says, "I DO NOT LIKE THIS!" I guess she really doesn't like it! So cute.

But, seriously, I really do like people to leave me notes. They mean a lot to me. I have one in my bathroom that Zack left me eight years ago when he left to go to Scotland for business. It says, "Hang in there till I get back, Love Zack" It is still inside the cabinet door where he left it. Above that is a letter I got from my Secret Santa this past Christmas. Mary Catherine leaves me little notes all the time. Reminding me of something or asking me to wash something. It will say....."Mother....Important...please do not forget!!!! Wash my blue shirt" I love these notes and really do not like to throw them away.

I AM keeping that skirt, though. It is adorable. If she won't wear it, we will work on Lily!

6 comments:

Carolina girl said...

I love Emma's note--too funny!

Lisa said...

So, cute. Brett likes to leave notes too. Last week he slipped one under Paige's door that said,"Mom said I can come in!"

Susan said...

I'm a note leaver and a note keeper too.

That's probably understandable since when I was a child no one ever left notes.

Suzy Q said...

I am a big fan of notes too, but I really love cards...Mother's Day, birthday, whatever. I like the thought that the kids put into them and the funny things they write or pictures they draw in them.

Jennifer said...

that's funny and she'll get a laugh out of it one day too when she sees the picture or the note. My dad kept a notebook on the table my senior of notes back and forth bw us, mostly me asking for money for this or that and him telling me no..haha. It was SO annoying at the time, but he pulled it out recently and showed me and we had a good laugh about it!

gwen said...

I like to write notes in eyeliner on Whitney's bathroom mirror.