Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thankful, November 10

I am thankful that I can get out of the car at a store and just walk in. Seriously, I know this seems silly, but it is so nice to get in and out of the car from my own door and not have to go to the other door and unbukle or bukle anyone. I remeber Gwen talking about how nice this was when Evan got a little older. I am here to tell you...it is. Today, on our trip to see my really cute neice in Shreveport we stopped several times along the way and I was able to get out and go in. Then we came back to the car and I went to my own door and everyone else opened there own door. Wow, it has been 18 years of helping others in and out of the car. I have loved it, but boy am I glad to not have to do that. Although....losing that means losing some other good things....like lots of hugs and kisses.

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I can't even imagine what this is like! Someday...someday!

Lisa said...

I love it too! I do occasionally have to help Brett with a seat belt, but so much better than when I 3 in car seats!

Mrs M said...

On a 26 mile journey I had to stop 5 times for my 3 year old - two toilet stops (thank goodness for the pota-potty), one dropped juice cup, one (false) claim that my 1 year old had pooped and one total meltdown that her harness was too tight (it's supposed to be freaking tight). Getting in and out of the car without a major drama is something I can only dream of!!